Monday, September 19, 2011

Chicken & Noodle Stir-Fry



I'm all about homemade so I'm ALWAYS looking up and trying new recipes I find online.  This one I discovered last week from Pampered Chef.  It's now on the top of the list of mine and Brett's favorites.  It makes 6 really large servings.  Enjoy!

-Michelle Campbell

Stir-Fry Ingredients:

1 package linguine
1 medium red bell pepper
1 small red onion
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 1/2 lbs. chicken tenders
1 Tbsp. Asian Seasoning Mix*
1 bag fresh stir-fry vegetable mix**
1/3 C. chopped cashews (optional)


*I used my own homemade Asian Seasoning blend:
3/4 tsp. onion powder
3/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. plus 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes


**I didn't have a bad of frozen stir-fry veggies so I just used what I had on hand.  The amount and type of veggies you use is very forgiving in this recipe. So, instead of the bag I sliced up:
2 whole carrots
1 green bell pepper
1 C. broccoli


Really, the only difference between our mix and the bag is that ours didn't have snow peas.  It still turned out delicious.


Glaze ingredients:


1 C. chicken broth
1/3 C. orange marmalade
1/4 C. reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
3 garlic cloves, pressed
2 tsp. fresh grated gingerroot (I used 1 tsp. ground ginger instead)


Directions:


1.  Cook linguine pasta according to package.  While pasta is cooking, slice bell pepper into strips and onion into thin wedges. Heat oil in large skillet or wok over medium-high heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering. Slice chicken on a bias into 1/2-in. (1-cm) pieces. Combine chicken and seasoning mix in medium mixing bowl. Add chicken to skillet; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until centers of chicken are no longer pink. Add bell pepper, onion and stir-fry mix to skillet; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.


2.  Whisk together glaze ingredients in small bowl. Move chicken and vegetables up sides of the skillet, making a well in center; add glaze and bring to a boil. Add pasta to skillet; toss with chicken, vegetables and glaze. Garnish with cashews, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment