Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Chicken Divinity (aka Chicken Divan)

So I didn't share this at recipe club but I just HAD to post it in case anyone found it appealing....i'm addicted to it right now and I make it almost every week! I couldn't find my family's recipe so I used / altered this recipe from Jenny Stice and it is so yummy....we call it Chicken Divinity :)  and I'm so thrilled I can sneak cream of chicken soup into a recipe that my husband actually likes! (he doesn't care for cream of chicken but the curry powder adds enough flavor that he really likes it too!)




Chicken Divinity

2-3 thawed chicken tenderloin strips
1 clove garlic minced, lemon pepper, salt (optional for cooking chicken)
1 lb brocolli (or 1/2 package frozen)
1/2 cup mayo
1 can cream of chicken
1 T lemon juice
1/4 tsp curry powder
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 T butter melted
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4-6 cups cooked rice (have it on the side or bake it with the casserole)

Preheat the oven for 350 degrees.  Cook the broccolli and rice (esp. convenient if you have a rice cooker with steamer). Cook the chicken in minced garlic, lemon pepper and salt then cut up in small pieces.  Grease 11x14 baking dish.  Mix the mayo, cr. chicken, lemon juice, and curry powder together to make the sauce.  Layer the chicken and broccoli in the bottom of the pan and then pour the sauce evenly over the top.  Mix the melted butter and bread crumbs together and sprinkle on top.  Bake at 350 for 30 min. then add the cheese and bake until melted.  Serve over rice.

If you like the rice in the casserole like I do, just put a very thin layer of the sauce on the greased pan followed by the cooked rice (so the rice doesn't dry out) and then layer everything else on top as normal)......so good!

Enjoy!
~DeAnna Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment