1 Tbs. yeast
1 tsp. sugar
1/2 cup warm water
6 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. salt
1/8 cup oil
2 cups hot water
1. In a bowl, add 1/2 cup warm water, sprinkle the yeast and 1 tsp. of sugar over the water. Let sit until the yeast is dissolved. Stir together.
2. Mix in 1/4 cup sugar, salt, oil, and 2 cups hot water. Add the flour in, 1 cup at a time. Knead the dough for 3 minutes.*
3. Cover with a cloth and let rise until doubles.
4. Divide into two pieces. Roll like a jelly roll.
5. Sprinkle corn meal on bottom of a baking sheet. Put bread on sheet, and let rise for another 30 minutes.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
*Sometimes I need to add a little more flour, or a little less. I add more flour as I knead the dough and it gets sticky.